Accounts Payable Representative
Thank you for considering ProBill as a potential employer.
ProBill HR Department
Phone: 800-377-8721 ext.295
Provide accounts payable support to billing operations. Process bank deposits, verify and balance all totals, processing lock-box deposits and ensuring that checks are deposited into the correct accounts.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of CPT, ICD-9/ICD-10 codes.
2. Posts payments and adjustment exceptions from an electronic file, and ensures each batch is balanced daily.
3. Post payments and adjustments from bank lock-box and ensures each batch is balanced daily.
4. Post other types of payment and adjustment from collection agency and credit card payments.
5. Resolve payment discrepancies and make any necessary phone calls to carrier.
6. Reviews Explanation of Benefits to assure proper payment and adjustment has been received.
7. Run and analyze balancing report to ensure accurate posting
8. Balance totals in system to deposit.
9. Report daily postings for balancing.
10. Process assigned payor category denials.
11. Assist with customer service overflow calls.
12. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of healthcare insurance and government regulations.
13. Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations.
14. Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by company guidelines.
15. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of hospital guidelines by state as outlined in the Accounts Payable manual.
16. Required to learn other job functions to assist other departments with their goals.
1. Ability to identify problems and report issues to manager within a timely manner.
2. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time to perform repetitious tasks.
3. Ability to analyze and interpret data with minimal supervision.
4. Effective listening and excellent communication skills.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Ability to consistently and accurately type 55 wpm.
3. Experienced in the use of personal computers and office automation in a Windows environment and/or other systems and applications as required.
4. Two-years’ experience in medical office, billing/collection functions, or comparable customer service related position required, with at least one- year of insurance payment processing.
5. Previous experience of third-party payors and ICD9/ICD10 codes desirable.
6. Knowledgeable of basic medical terminology.
7. Dependability, flexibility, and teamwork required.
8. Effective organizational and communication skills.
9. Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent ProBill at all times.
10. Must be comfortable functioning in a collaborative, leadership environment.