Data Entry Operator
Thank you for considering ProBill as a potential employer.
ProBill HR Department
Phone: 800-377-8721 ext.295
To insure that patient accounts are finalized and ready to bill prior to final coding/billing
1. Accurate registration of each patient demographic and financial information, including eligibility checks through various applications.
2. Maintain a high quality of efficiency and will provide assistance as necessary to co-workers.
3. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of healthcare insurance and government regulations.
4. Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations.
5. Maintain quality and production standards as set forth by company guidelines.
6. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of hospital guidelines by state as outlined in the Data Entry manual.
7. Contacts patient and/or third party payors to secure information details, payments or alternative settlement plans.
8. Perform detailed task with frequent interruptions.
9. Ability to multi task and learn different aspect of the company.
10. Must be comfortable functioning in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
11. Required to learn other job functions to assist other departments with their goals.
1. Ability to identify problems and report issues to manager within a timely manner.
2. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time to perform repetitious tasks.
3. Ability to analyze and interpret data with minimal supervision.
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Ability to consistently and accurately type 55 wpm.
3. Experienced in the use of personal computers and office automation in a Windows environment and/or other systems and applications as required.
4. Two-years’ experience in medical office, billing/collection functions, or comparable customer service related position required, with at least one-year of insurance experience.
5. Previous experience of third-party payors and ICD9/ICD10 and CPT codes.
6. Knowledgeable of basic medical terminology.
7. Dependability, flexibility, and teamwork required.
8. Effective organizational and communication skills.
9. Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent ProBill at all times.
10. Must be comfortable functioning in a collaborative, leadership environment.